In this Issue:

• Encourage your students to create a Comprehensive Syllabus
  • Information for incoming families (P’28s)

One more workweek and our students will begin coming back starting this weekend. Campus feels very empty without them and I look forward to all the energy and excitement they will bring when they return.

Today we have one academic tool to share that I think is just the best thing ever, as well as info for families of newly-accepted students.

Encourage your students to create a Comprehensive Syllabus

While FDOC (First Day of Classes) is not until January 17, I want to share a resource that has been crucial to my ’27’s success this past fall: the CLASS (Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success) Comprehensive Syllabus.

Your students can build one online spreadsheet showing all assignments, papers, tests, etc. for each of their classes, and be able to have an ‘at a glance’ look at what work they will have to do each week. It takes a little time to set it up and log all the assignments for all classes, but my ’27 said this was a gamechanger in his first semester.

Your students can watch the Comprehensive Syllabus video from CLASS and set up their own if they wish. 10/10 recommend!

Information for incoming families (P’28s)

I am told that we have a new crop of newly-admitted students in the Class of 2028 who had applied early decision. That means we now have some P’28s (i.e., parents and families of the Class of 2028) as new Daily Deac readers, and we want to offer you a warm welcome!

We have an Incoming Families website that will give you some of the basic info that families need, as well as action items you can take to get connected to Wake Forest. We look forward to getting to know your families over the next 4.5 years!