For parents and families of students who were accepted via Early Decision and have enrolled in the Class of 2028, we are eager to welcome your student to Wake Forest in August 2024!
This page will share preliminary information for families of the Class of 2028. Our New Students website will be updated on May 1, 2024, and that will be your resource until move-in.
Getting Started as a Wake Forest Family Member
There are a few things we encourage you to do as a new Wake Forest family member:
- Verify your Family Record
- Subscribe to the Daily Deac
- Follow official WFU social media accounts
- Understand college terms and processes
- Learn about how we partner with families
Verify your Family Record
Once your student’s deposit is received and processed.
Verifying your family record with us ensures we have your correct contact information in our system. In order to do this, you will need to log into Wake Network and provide the following:
- Your student’s 8-digit WFU ID that was provided in their acceptance letter
- A Google account (aka a Gmail account). If you do not have a Google account, and/or if you have a non-US address, you will need to fill out a Family Record Form manually (Wake Network is not compatible with international addresses at this time).
Once we have your preferred email address in Wake Network, we will begin including you on invitations to events in your home area, and will send you the monthly Wake Parents & Families email newsletter; see archives here.
Note: Most of the communications to new families will begin in Spring of 2024: we will include new families in our monthly Wake Parents & Families e-newsletter starting in January.
Subscribe to the Daily Deac
The Daily Deac is a blog that shares important news, offers advice about supporting your students, and covers a variety of WFU activities and events to help you get a sense of campus life.
Get the Daily Deac in your Inbox!
Follow official WFU social media accounts
Understand college terms and processes
Refer to our A-Z of WFU: A Glossary of Terms page to familiarize yourself with terms commonly used within higher education and at Wake Forest.
Learn about how we partner with families
Read our best advice on how we can work together towards our shared goal: your student’s success.
- How we communicate
- Stop, Drop, and Roll framework for helping your student
- Understanding student and family roles
December 2023 – March 2024
- Early Decision families get a welcome email from the Office of Family Engagement.
Late-January to mid-February 2024
- The Family Weekend date will be selected after the schedule for the 2024 football season is released.
May 1, 2024
- The New Students website is updated for the Class of 2028. (Note: The current info on this site is for the Class of 2027.)
August 2024 (exact date TBD)
- Move-in and Orientation for new and transfer students, and Orientation for new families
Commonly Asked Questions
Even once the 2024-25 Academic Services calendar is released, we encourage you to wait on firm travel plans until your student decides whether they want to do a Pre-Orientation program (which takes place a few days before official move-in). If you make travel plans prior to notification of Pre-Orientation program acceptance, consider booking options that are flexible or easily changed if needed.
The date for Family Weekend is typically set based on the football schedule, which is usually released in late January or early February. It takes some time between the football schedule release and the setting of the date, as we need to check on a variety of things (hotel space, local conferences, holidays, etc.) before we can choose the date.
We encourage you to be flexible in your planning. Normally it is wisest to wait until your student has their final course schedule (which they will have after Orientation and the drop/add period) to purchase airline tickets for breaks. Students must consult their course syllabus for each class and/or talk to professors about the course schedule and final exam times.