In this Issue:

• Lovefeast livestream and photostory
  • CLASS finals prep workshop this Weds.
  • P’24s Weekly Message and ’24s Letters So Dear

As I had mentioned last week, I’d been battling a cold and the old saying about colds are “three days coming, three days staying, three days going” was very true in this case. I hope that this cold is not going around the student body as finals approach, because no one needs to be dragged down right now.

The mother in me can’t help but encourage you to remind your students that in times of stress – and certainly the last week of class and approaching finals count – it behooves them to get enough sleep, eat some fruits and veg/make healthy choices, and get a little exercise. The want to be able to bring their best selves to their final papers and exams, and being healthy is key to that.

Lovefeast livestream and photostory

I did not make the Lovefeast in person because I did not want to spread my germs, but I hope that our Deacs who were able to participate in the Lovefeast lastnight felt the thing I always feel at the end of the event: a sense of peace and serenity, hope for the future, and comfort in being within a shared community of Wake people.

If you were not able to watch the livestream lastnight, you can do so here. There is also a photostory you can view.

CLASS finals prep workshop this Weds.

My excellent colleagues from CLASS (Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success) do a wonderful job letting me know of upcoming events that might be helpful to your students. One such workshop is coming up on Weds.:

“This Wednesday at 6 p.m., CLASS Academic Coaches will host an interactive workshop to share finals study strategies and help students build a study plan. Students will leave this one hour interactive workshop with a roadmap of what they are going to study when.  Pizza will be served.”

Encourage your Deacs to take advantage of this terrific resource!

CLASS flyer for 12 6 23 workshop

Building your finals study plan

P’24s Weekly Message and ’24s Letters So Dear

This week is our last weekly message for first-year families, and it is on having your student home again for an extended period of time. This is a topic I am thinking a lot about, since it is about to happen in my household. As overjoyed as I am to have my ’27 home starting on 12/13, I also have to admit I have sort of enjoyed this time being just me and Mr. Daily Deac and our dogs. So it will be an adjustment, even if it is a happy adjustment.

And a program note: much of the milestones and adjustments to college come in the first semester, so we will tackle second semester issues in the Daily Deac as they arrive, not as a formal weekly message. As always, if you have questions or topics you want considered for the Daily Deac, you can hit Reply on any Daily Deac email and send me a message (those come straight to my inbox).

Our ’24 students got their weekly Letters So Dear today as well.