It’s one of the best times of the year – Family Weekend! I am grateful to all my colleagues in the Office of Student Engagement – they are the giants who plan and facilitate all the great events of the weekend. They worked so hard to make this weekend a good one – so enjoy every minute, and let them know you appreciate them.

For those of you who are early risers, I may see you on Saturday morning, as my volunteer gig will be to help greet folks in the Benson Center between 8-10 am and help direct guests to Dr. Hatch’s address. And if you are a Daily Deac reader, please stop and say hello! I love to meet the Daily Deacdom!

Want to also shed some light on one poignant part of Family Weekend – sometimes people’s loved ones can’t be here. So as you think about taking your Deac out to lunch or dinner, if they know of others whose families couldn’t attend, consider adding them to your party. Inclusion is everything.

Finally, remember to wear your black and gold this weekend. Love to see our Deac families’ spirit!