The following information was provided by Transportation and Parking Services
Any student who wishes to park a vehicle on a university parking lot any time of day or night–including after 4:00 p.m. weekdays, on weekends, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, and during breaks–must register that vehicle with the Transportation and Parking Services office.
Sophomore student vehicle registration will begin, Thursday, August 2nd at 9:00 a.m. Go online at http://parking.wfu.edu/ to register your vehicle. This website is also a great place to find information about parking during certain events like Thanksgiving, Winter Break or Spring Break.
2018/2019 Sophomore Parking Permit Options:
- Sophomore Permits – $315
- Limited supply available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Valid Location: Lot Z2 (Located off-campus across Polo Rd.)
- Overflow Sophomore Parking – $315
- Available to sophomores after Lot Z2 is sold out. See “Waitlist” section below
- Valid Location: UCC student parking lot adjacent to Bridger Field House (Freshman Lot)
- Overflow permits are not sold on-line and you must visit Transportation and Parking Services office to purchase this permit.
- Occasionally, overflow sophomore vehicles will need to be relocated to allow for event parking at Bridger Field House. When these events occur, students will be notified in advance via email. A few of these events are:
- Home football games
- The Dixie Classic Fair
- Davis Cup Tennis Tournament
- Other Miscellaneous athletic events, as announced
- Should sophomore permits sell out, there is an option to sign up on a waitlist for this permit. If space becomes available, additional permits may be offered to those on the waitlist, if your waitlist number is chosen.
- Signing up on the waitlist does not guarantee receiving a sophomore parking permit. If sophomore permits are sold out, you can purchase a UCC/freshman lot permit from Transportation and Parking Services. This permit allows you to park at the UCC lot 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. weekdays and on-campus in general and non-reserved lots/spaces from4:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., Monday-Friday and all day on weekends. Parking on WFU property without displaying a valid permit (day or night) can result in citations.
- Students parking at Theme houses must register their vehicles to park at these locations. Students living in theme housing must also obtain a supplemental sticker to park in the theme house parking lots. You are required to visit Transportation and Parking Services to obtain this authorization.
- Sophomore students will only be issued permits based on their student classification and do not have an option for on-campus parking.
- Sophomore permits are authorized to park on campus 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. weekdays and all day on weekends. Parking is authorized in general lots and spaces/lots that are not reserved.
- Students that purchase a permit and will be going abroad in the spring, must return the permit by December 20 at 4:30 p.m. to receive a partial refund (1/2 the purchase price).
- Students going abroad in the fall do not need to order a permit until January 2019.
- Permits purchased in August are valid for the entire academic year. If a student’s classification changes mid-year from sophomore to junior due to credits earned, permits are not exchanged.
Permit Distribution Information:
- Permits ordered on or before August 17:
- Permits will be available in your campus PO Box after August 17. If you met the deadline and your permit is not in your campus PO Box, inquire with Mail Services regarding your PO Box.
- If the permit is not located, visit Transportation and Parking Services located in Alumni Hall, Room 138
- Permits will not be mailed to a PO Box, if you did not register online by August 20th.
- Permits ordered after August 17:
- Pickup Date: Saturday, August 25 and Sunday, August 26
- Pick-up time – 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Transportation and Parking Services, Alumni Hall, Room 138
- Permits ordered after August 17, or you did not pick-up permits in Alumni Hall on above dates:
- Pickup Time: through Thurs. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Transportation and Parking Services Office in Alumni Hall. Expect long lines and delays for distribution at this location. Your Wake Forest ID is required to pick up your permit.
Place both permits (Gate Pass and rear Parking Permit) on your vehicle immediately after picking them up, as permits must be displayed on vehicles no later than August 31.
Transportation and Parking Services
Location: Alumni Hall, Suite 138
Lobby hours: Mon. through Thurs. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Because of the high volume of calls we expect, if you cannot speak to someone, please leave a detailed message with your question/concern, name, WFU ID number and a contact number to call you back. We will return the call as soon as possible!
To contact the Office of Family Engagement, please visit our contact page.
If Your Student Has a Problem
One of the best ways parents/families can help their students is to let them solve their own problems. Use the Stop, Drop, and Roll method when your student contacts you with a problem. The flyer also lists contact information for serious concerns where family intervention might be appropriate.
Orientation 2019 slide shows
Select slide shows and handouts from Orientation sessions are available online.