The following message was sent to all new undergraduate students in the Class of 2026
Good morning, new Deacs!
This message is being sent to all incoming new students as a reminder of Friday’s (July 1) deadline to turn in your completed Health Information & Immunization Form. Even if you have already submitted your form, please read this entire email, as action is needed.
This deadline is very important, as North Carolina General Statute §130A 152-157 requires that students entering college must present a certificate of immunization which documents that the student has received all of the immunizations required by law. This deadline also helps the University ensure that students have received any additional vaccines required by the University, such as COVID-19.
Students who do not submit documentation of their immunizations will have a hold placed on their account later this summer that will prevent them from participating in Pre-Orientation activities, moving into residence halls (if applicable), and attending in-person classes.
Action Needed from all students: check the status of your Immunization compliance
Please do not contact the Student Health Service to ask if your documentation was received and accepted. You must use this self-check procedure to see your immunization compliance status:
- Log into the Student Health Portal with your WFU email address.
- Look at the IMMUNIZATION COMPLIANCE banner that appears at the top of your screen (pictured below; click to enlarge).
- If you see green checkmarks for all required vaccines in the IMMUNIZATION COMPLIANCE banner, you are in compliance with University policy. No further action is needed.
- If you see any red Xs for required vaccines in the IMMUNIZATION COMPLIANCE banner, it means you are not yet in compliance OR that your documentation was recently submitted and is still processing, OR that your initial upload was not received. You should check your Secure Messages in the Student Health Portal to see if any additional information is needed.
- Please allow at least three (3) business days from when you submitted your documentation before checking to allow for processing. Additional details can be found here.
- If you have not yet submitted your immunization documentation, please note that it must first be signed by a healthcare provider, so it’s crucial that you send your provider the form as soon as possible.
Visit go.wfu.edu/immunizations for information about submitting your documentation, including steps to upload the HIIF form and checking that it was received.
Thank you for checking off this important requirement.
We look forward to welcoming you to Wake Forest soon!
Communications and External Relations