In this Issue:

• A message from Dr. Shea about early voting
  • Academic Resources Awareness Week (Oct. 21-25)
  • Wake Forest Magazine: The Photography Issue
  • Leaf blowing notice

It is an absolutely picture perfect day here: crisp and cool fall weather, making it the ideal time to go outside and take a walk. The 5-day forecast looks amazing for our Deacs who will be staying here for Fall Break:

Lovely and cool fall forecast for 10/16-20/24

Honestly it doesn’t get much better than this.

A message from Dr. Shea about early voting

This afternoon, a message went to students from Shea Kidd Brown, Vice President for Campus Life, about early voting. It reads, in part:

“As you know, election season is here, and Deacs Decide, our non-partisan effort on campus, has been working diligently to provide the student body with resources, events, and support to create opportunities for you to be engaged at the local, state and national levels. Your vote is important, and I hope you will take the time to use your voice. “

Read Dr. Shea’s full message about early voting.

Academic Resources Awareness Week (Oct. 21-25)

October 21-25 is Academic Resources Awareness Week from CLASS (Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success). Students can see the event schedule. We especially hope your Deacs plan to join us at CLASS Café and more!

I am told all the ARAW events are drop in/come and go, so these are low pressure, low stakes options for students. And you should stress to your Deacs that every event a student attends gets them entered to win the Ultimate Study Experience: a private study room for 48 hours during Finals for the winner and 4 friends, dinner and snacks provided! 

Private study space during Finals week is a gamechanger – so encourage your Deacs to mark their calendars and plan to attend ARAW events next week!

Wake Forest Magazine: The Photography Issue

I hope that The Wake Forest Magazine has hit your mailboxes (or will soon). While I always enjoy the magazine, the current issue is extra special because it focuses on photography and the remarkable talent of the recently retired Ken Bennett.

Ken’s photos have been an integral part of the Daily Deac since I started writing it back in 2009. His pictures have added depth to my words and have been able to show parents and families what their students saw on campus, events they participated in, and more. I couldn’t have done my job without Ken – and am thrilled to have our new outstanding photographer, Lyndsie. So I hope you’ll enjoy this interview with Ken in The Photography Issue.

Leaf blowing notice

The Office of Residence Life and Housing sent a message about hours for leaf blowing to resident students.

For those of you who have Deacs who are coming home for Fall Break, may they all travel safely. Shower them with TLC, let them sleep in, and enjoy having them under your roof once more. My ’27 was home for their break and they spent a lot of time in their room talking to friends and playing computer games, but it was wonderful to know they were here.