In this Issue:

• Art buying reveal
  • DESK Photostory
  • Letters So Dear for ’27s
  • Reminder to keep belongings secure
  • Correction: summer/interim housing message
  • Happy Passover

Yesterday was downright cold. It was a high of about 50, but with intermittent rain it felt even colder than that. Definitely not late April temps. It’s midday as I write this and my weather app says it is 55 outside (also too cold IMHO). Says it should get up to 64 today but I am not holding my breath.

Art buying reveal

As I mentioned last week, we had the big art buying reveal on Friday. In case you missed it, you can read the news story and/or watch the reveal video.

One of my colleagues who works closely with the art department told me this in an email today: “It was shared during the reveal that [one of the artists], Emily Gossiaux is blind; following an accident. This is the first piece in our collection from a blind artist and a wonderful addition. As a nod to our students’ eyes and the significance of the pieces we have purchased… It was wonderful to see the following article in the Smithsonian Magazine about the piece that is now a part of our collection.” 

DESK Photostory

We have a new photostory out this week – this one for DESK, the service project where our students paint desks for local K-12 students. As always, if you want photostories to come straight to your inbox, you can subscribe here.

Letters So Dear for ’27s

Every Monday, our Class of 2027 gets their weekly edition of Letters So Dear. If you are a P’27 and want to see it, you can read it here.

Reminder to keep belongings secure

I heard through a colleague about a student’s scooter being stolen, and thought it might be a good time to encourage you to remind your students to keep their belongings secure. As we move into final exam season, and students start camping out at ZSR and other spaces on campus, it is worth stressing that you should not leave any valuables – whether that is a laptop, purse, phone, scooter, whatever – unattended or unsecured.

Correction: summer/interim housing message

I got a message from a Daily Deac-er saying that the link to the summer/interim housing message I shared last week did not work. So I am trying again with this link.

Happy Passover

Tonight is the start of Passover. We wish a chag sameach to all who are celebrating Passover.