In this Issue:

• Tuition due December 1
  • Thank a Teacher program
  • New classroom and space improvements support teaching and learning
  • Preparing residence hall rooms for winter break

The Lighting of the Quad was last night. My cold kept me home, but I hope to bring you some pictures of the Lighting in the coming days. Let’s get right to the news of the day.

Tuition due December 1

It’s that time again – spring semester charges are due on December 1. The Student Financial Services page has links you will need, as well as explanation of payment methods, etc.

Note that the Deacon Electronic Account Center (DEAC) is Wake Forest’s preferred payment method for tuition & fees. If your student has not set you up as a payer, they will need to do so.

Thank a Teacher Program

My excellent colleagues in the Center for the Advancement of Teaching sponsor a program at the end of each semester that allows your students to thank a teacher (either a faculty or a staff member) who has made a difference in their time at Wake Forest.

I don’t know about you, but my day is instantly brightened whenever someone sends me a kind email. Our faculty would surely also love to know that their efforts are recognized and appreciated by the students they teach. So encourage your Deacs to submit a message to people who have been special during their time here; their message will be sent to their identified recipient at the end of the semester.

New classroom and space improvements support teaching and learning

And speaking of teaching, an ambitious renovation project to renew and refresh academic and classroom spaces was completed for the fall semester. More than 20 classrooms, teaching labs, performance spaces, and common academic areas in nine buildings have been upgraded. Read more and see photos.

Preparing residence hall rooms for winter break

The Office of Residence Life and Housing sent this message to resident students about preparing their rooms for the winter break departure.

This is an important message, and I want to highlight this part:

“As you prepare to depart campus for the break, please be sure to give each of the 3 P’s (Pack, Plan, Protect) your attention. We ask that students:

Pack all belongings you’ll need access to over the break, keeping in mind that University personnel will not be available to give you access to your room over the break. “

Your students should definitely check out the 3 P’s (Pack, Plan, Protect) section and be sure they are following all the advice to the letter.