In this Issue: today we recap Commencement

P’23s, we did it! Commencement was today and despite the dire predictions of rain a few days ago, we managed to make it through the day without a drop of rain, and the temps were relatively cool (until about 11 a.m.)

If you want to share a recording of the livestream of Commencement with family or friends (or if you are a P’24-26 who wants to get a preview of what’s to come when it’s your turn!), you will find options on the Commencement website main page. There is also a Livestream page with the individual hooding and commencement ceremonies for the graduate and professional schools, as well as the Baccalaureate.

In the coming hours and days, we will likely have more on Commencement (photos, news stories, etc.) and I’ll bring those to you as I get them. For now, on behalf of my [tired but happy] colleagues, I want to wish all our ’23 graduates the very best in Life After Wake Forest: go and do great things in the spirit of our motto, Pro Humanitate (for humanity).

And to our P’23s, please know you will always be considered part of the Wake Forest family, even after your students have graduated. Parents and families are Deacs too, always! Thank you for entrusting your children to us for four years. We love them too!

I try to remember to tell this to graduating families every year: you are welcome to stay with the Daily Deac as long as it serves you, or drop off whenever it does not (there is an unsubscribe link in the footer).

PS – Thank you to each of you who spoke to me over the weekend. I’m glad to know the blog helped during your student’s time here. That’s what I strive for, and I am honored to have been part of your family’s experience of WFU 🙂