I hope that our P’26 and transfer families had a chance to look at our Move-In Guide, which we sent out this past Friday. A couple of questions have come up since then that I wanted to clear up here:

For families moving in at Pre-Orientation (8/12 or 14), your student will get a move-in parking pass at check-in. If you plan to come back on 8/17 to move additional items in for your student, please use that same move-in parking pass on 8/17; you do not have to go to LJVM Coliseum to get a new pass.

For families arriving on 8/17, some families have asked if they have to arrive at their suggested move-in time. We offer those suggested move-in times to help control traffic and allow things to flow better, so we appreciate it if people would try to stick with those times if possible (however, we recognize it may not work with some people’s travel plans).

We sent our second-to-last Weekly Update to P’26s and incoming transfer families today; read it here.

From time to time I like to share articles about college parenting when I find them. This Washington Post article was recommended to me by a colleague: How to Ease the Transition to College when Mental Health is a Concern. It includes 10 Tips for your Move to Campus that P’26 families might find usefully, especially if your student has a pre-existing mental health issue they have been navigating in high school.

— by Betsy Chapman, Ph.D. (’92, MA ’94)

August 8, 2022