Couple of bits of business straight away:

Yesterday students received an email alerting them to their process for refunds of certain student fees. Please urge your Deacs to check their email for the specifics (there are several different versions of the message because students’ circumstances are so different, so I am not going to post all the versions here).

Related to financial matters, wanted to make folks aware of this from Student Financial Services: students will not see their fall 2020 charges on their 6/1 statement; fall charges will be included on their 7/1 statement instead. Tuition for the fall semester will still be due on 8/1. Any deposits paid to the fall 2020 semester will be visible on the student account (DEAC) when SFS begins billing the fall tuition on 7/1.

There was a story in today’s Winston-Salem Journal about the potential return of student-athletes to campus. Although the story indicates Wake Forest plans an announcement about the fall semester by June 10, the University announced in April that decisions regarding the fall semester will be shared on or before June 30. That plan has not changed. Details.

I know you and your Deacs are eager for the announcement about the fall semester plans, and many of you have questions about housing selection, study abroad (both with Wake and affiliate programs), etc. Believe me, the moment plans for the fall are announced, I will post them on Family News and here in the Daily Deac. I won’t have any information about all those things until the plans are finalized, so I appreciate your continued patience as our fall planning group does its work.

June is Pride Month so want to give a shout out to our LGBTQ Center and to all our LGBTQ students, faculty, staff, and allies!

Finally today, I am sharing some pictures I took on campus this past weekend. I had to drop off some items to a colleague who lives back in the Faculty Drive neighborhood. As you will see, it was an absolutely glorious day.

We’re still here, still beautiful, magnolias smelling amazing. But we miss you!

Magnolia and Dogwood Path towards South construction work on Johnson Front of Babcock and Luter Mag Quad (aka Manchester Plaza) towards Reynolda Benson Center ZSR Library Winston Hall (bio) side of ZSR towards Olin Campus Grounds and Taylor the Arch on the Quad Wait chapel Wait Chapel and Taylor North Campus dining hall Farrell Hall Polo Hall Davis Hall Spirit of the Old Gold and Black band Scales Fine Arts Centr