Today is the Deacs Day of Giving – a one day blitz where we are raising money for the Wake Forest Fund and other initiatives. If you haven’t given to the Parents’ Campaign of the Wake Forest Fund this fiscal year (started July 1st), please consider making a gift today. You can give here. Remember, to count in the Parents’ Campaign, please choose any designation that has the words “The Wake Forest Fund” in it.

Last week I got a couple of flyers about free stuff – free coffee and a chance to talk about the Business School, and free GRE and GMAT test prep. Anything free is good for college students! Flyers for both are below, as well as links to the PDFs (which contain clickable links for our Deacs to register). CoffeeChatsFlyer9.11 and Virtual Test Prep_GMAT and GRE.

The fall Career Fair is tomorrow (Sept. 11). I encourage Deacs of all years to go and take a look. It is sponsored by the OPCD (Office of Personal and Career Development). I tell every student I meet with that the students who take advantage of all the tools in the OPCD toolbox tend to have the best outcomes. Whether it’s meeting with a career counselor, doing a mock interview or resume review, going to the Career Fair, or whatever the more you put into it, the more you get out of it as you look to move from college to career.

Also, your students might be starting to see flyers or mentions of the President’s Ball. What is this, you ask? From the Office of Student Engagement website: “What started in 2005 as a way to to celebrate President Hatch’s inauguration has now turned into a biennial tradition welcoming thousands of Wake Forest community members. The event is held during homecoming weekend in the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum and has become a highlight of many students’ experiences at Wake Forest.”

This is a fun event. Your students get to dress up and go to a Homecoming dance – part of the college experience. In years past, the atmosphere that the decorating committee has created in the Joel has been incredible. And for our alumni families in the Daily Deacdom, if you are coming for Homecoming, kickoff for the game has been set at noon.

I also got a message yesterday about some planned activities to commemorate the anniversary of 9/11. That was an unbelievably hard day everywhere, and no words I can say will do it justice. I will simply say that I was grateful that if I could not be with my extended family on that day, I was glad to be here and surrounded by my Wake Forest Family.

Virtual test prep for GMAT and GRE Caffeine fix on us (to talk about graduate Business programs)

2019 President's Ball ad - September 20thFall Career Fair flyer - event is 9/11 — by Betsy Chapman ’92, MA ’94