Super busy here, so a short Daily Deac again. First up, I goofed in yesterday’s Daily Deac re: Commencement ticket pick up. Pick up is today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) from 9 am-4 pm in Reynolds Gym.

Before we get to Commencement info, a dear colleague shared a very interesting article with me for the blog. It’s called The Summer Sponge and is about things students who have jobs or internships might want to do this summer to maximize what they learn. Very good advice here. I particularly liked this part:

“If your student spends their lunch break playing games on their phone, they’re missing a chance to get to know a coworker (or two or three) and to discover what’s important to someone whose background and perspective might be very different from their own as well as find out more about the organization they’re part of for the summer.”

You can read the whole article here.

Commencement is topmost on most WFU staff minds, so here is a tidbit of news. Did you know you can stay up to date with real-time Commencement information?

Wake is offering a new way to keep graduates and their families/friends informed about Commencement weekend activities. If you are coming to Commencement, you have the opportunity to opt-in to receive select Commencement updates and reminders by text from the Wake Forest Commencement Office. You also would receive potential texts about safety and security matters, including emergencies.

To opt-in, text

WFUEvents to 226787

Finally, I wanted to say a special thank you to all the P’19s in the Daily Deacdom. The blog will celebrate its 10th anniversary this fall, and I am grateful for all of you for reading and for allowing me to do the work that I love. It’s been an honor to be a part of your WFU experience, and I hope you will continue to spread the WFU love to your friends, neighbors, and colleagues whenever you can.

I know most/all of our P’19s will likely drop off the blog distro list, which I totally understand (you can unsubscribe at the link at the bottom of the email version of the blog that goes to your inbox).

We mean it when we say that you are a part of the Wake Forest family, so know that you will always be warmly welcomed any time you come back 🙂

Now let’s have a great Commencement [warm with gentle breezes]! GO DEACS!

— by Betsy Chapman ’92, MA ’94