It’s finally the end of the week and as your Deacs get through their afternoon classes today, I bet they are sighing sighs of relief. The weekend always brings a chance to sleep late, rest, and have some social diversions.

I am superexcited because tonight there is a special program in Wait Chapel as part of the Arts of Leading Conference.  Tony Award winning actress Renee Elise Goldsberry, one of the stars of Hamilton, is the keynote speaker. All I can say is: ANGELICA! She was soooo my favorite from that show.

If for some reason that is not your Deac’s jam, Student Union offers movies every weekend. Good movies too. This weekend is Blackkklansman, which has received a lot of critical acclaim.

For our musical Deacs, there is a Women’s Wind Ensemble on Sunday.

Saturday is Groundhog Day. Here’s hoping that Punxsutawney Phil does not see his shadow and we get an early spring. For everyone who is so deep in snow and cold that it seems like spring is impossible to remember, here is a reminder 🙂

As always, give your Deacs a call on Friday afternoon. You know why.

Pink treesDaffodilsCherry trees bloom in early spring on the campus of Wake Forest University, giving a bright pink glow to the campus.

— by Betsy Chapman ’92, MA ’94