After days of what seemed like endless grey skies/raining/drizzly/gross, the rain let up this morning and we finally have some sun. At last!

Had an intrepid Daily Deac reader ask me why we had covered sorority recruitment in detail, but had skimmed very lightly on the fraternity side. There is no conspiracy; the short and most honest answer is that I have been sick as a dog for about two weeks and have relied on a lot of preposting and generally light coverage in the blog.

Part of the issue, too, is that fraternity recruitment is a very different situation than sorority recruitment, as it is a lot less structured. It is much easier to tell young women what to expect, because there are rules and processes, whereas for men it is all pretty loose.

That said, I believe bids went out yesterday. I have not heard from any of the young men I know re: how they fared. If your sons were part of the process, I hope it went well for them.

A number of families have asked about hotel blocks for Family Weekend. The Family weekend website says that they have begun the process of securing hotel blocks, and they are being posted on their hotel site.

I have also gotten questions about Commencement. The Commencement website is up – and while not 100% of the info is there, a lot of the basics are. If you are the parent or family member of the Class of 2019, you will want to check it out at your leisure. And for those P’20s, ’21s, and ’22s, the bottom left of the Commencement website shows future Commencement dates, so you can mark your calendars now.

— by Betsy Chapman ’92, MA ’94