To all those who will be observing Yom Kippur, I wish you a meaningful fast.
Today’s post is a guest message from the Office of the Dean of Students (who plans and facilitates Family Weekend).
Family Weekend is almost here! We’re gearing up to greet our Demon Deacon families September 28-30. Please note that online registration and ticket sales will close Friday, September 21 at 11:59 PM.
As the weekend approaches, families may have a variety of questions. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Here are some important “how-to” items:
Picking up your website purchases, including football tickets, when you arrive on campus:
All purchased items will be available for pickup at the Benson University Center in the third floor rotunda. If needed, your student will be able to pick up your order with student ID.
Registration Area and Registration Help Hours:
Friday, 9/28: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, 9/29: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Please note: Beginning Saturday morning, all football tickets not picked up on Friday will be held at the Athletic Ticket Office at BB&T Field. The will-call window at Bridger Field House will open at 1:30 p.m. Kick off is set for 3:30 p.m.
Adding to an existing football ticket order after site closing:
Families wishing to add a seat to their existing football ticket order should visit the Registration Help table in the registration area, after checking in and picking up their purchases. The Registration Help table will be located in the Benson University Center third floor lounge area.
Parking on Campus during the weekend:
Friday: weather permitting, there will be additional parking available for visitors on the lower part of Davis Field.
Saturday: Families are free to park anywhere on campus not marked as “reserved”.
Game Day Reminders:
- Clear Bag Policy – there is now a new clear bag policy at BB&T Field. Clear bags will be on sale in the Registration Area and at the campus bookstore on Hearn Plaza.
- Dixie Classic Fair – our local fair will be happening across the street from BB&T Field and will cause a huge increase in our normal game day traffic. Be sure to start your trip to the stadium early, especially if attending the Family Weekend Cookout!
- Free shuttles to the game – Free shuttles will be available to the stadium area from Lot P, and for those attending the Cookout, special shuttles will run from the front of the Benson Center directly to Couch Baseball Park beginning at 1 pm.
- Parking at the game – Game day parking is available at the LJVM Coliseum for $15 per car. Because of the fair, parking may be limited.
- Game Day parking and shuttle information
Family Weekend is now on Instagram! Follow us and use #wfuFW during the weekend to share your pics and stories!
Categories: the daily deac