Some of our Daily Deac faithful have noticed that the Quad Cam is down. Fear not, we are aware, and we are trying to get it resolved as fast as we can. I am lobbying as hard as I can for the fix, I promise.

I can tell you what the Quad Cam cannot: and that is it has been beastly, miserably hot and humid here in The Dash (our affectionate name for Winston-Salem). Around 3 pm this afternoon, we got a really nice hard rain, which is a good thing because it has been so hot and dry. Hopefully this will revive our sagging flowers.

Since you can’t get the Quad Cam proper, here are some shots of the Quad from various seasons and years. Does it give you a warm fuzzy to see her in her splendor?

Wake Forest students cross Hearn Plaza (the Quad) on their way to class on a cool early spring morning on Monday, March 26, 2012.Fall leaves cover the brick walkways on Hearn Plaza, with Wait Chapel in the background, on the campus of Wake Forest University, Tuesday, October 26, 2010The bell tower of Wait Chapel rises above Hearn Plaza on the campus of Wake Forest University at dusk on Wednesday, October 18, 2017.The greenest Quad grass and the bluest skyWait Chapel