Today’s Daily Deac is a public service announcement about one of our Pre-Orientation programs for incoming first-years (Class of 2020).  B.U.I.L.D. is a great program for our new Deacs to consider.  The deadline to apply for B.U.I.L.D. is this Friday the 15th.  Share this with your new Deac if he/she is looking to help build a cohort of new friends in a small group setting and form strong relationships.

Details below.  Students can apply to B.U.I.L.D. here.

Building University Inclusion and Leadership through Diversity (B.U.I.L.D.) is a week-long immersion program in Winston-Salem that introduces first-year students to concepts of social justice, intercultural communication and social change. B.U.I.L.D. provides students the opportunity to connect to a small community of first-year peers as well as a group of upper-class mentors to form relationships that will last throughout their time at Wake Forest. Coming into its second year, B.U.I.L.D. is known for its tight-knit community experience and engagement in dialogue about salient challenges facing the Wake Forest and Winston-Salem communities. Students will get an inside look at the vibrant cultural communities in Winston-Salem and get an early start in joining the Wake Forest community. Please encourage your students to apply for B.U.I.L.D!  Applications are due Friday July 15th.

There are also other Pre-Orientation programs for students; see the main page.

— by Betsy Chapman