Reading Day is the day before final exams begin.  It’s one day off to prep for the finals to come.  Today I was in the center part of campus between 8:20-10:20 am and I could have counted the students I saw on one hand.  Not sure if they were all sleeping in, or all studying in one of the designated study spaces on campus, but your Deacs were not out and about first thing in the morning.

The report from ZSR was that typically on a reading day, it starts slow but students come in as the day progresses and it starts to get packed around 6 pm.  Wake the Library is starting tonight.  That takes a little bit of the pain out of finals.  There will be food at midnight (good stuff too – I am told ice cream, Biscuitville and more) – and my reliable source also tells me there will be some dogs on Sunday evening outside on the Starbucks patio.  So if your Deac would feel better having a dog to pet, tell him or her to keep an eye out Sunday night.

A few reminders for you as the year draws to a close:

– encourage your students to do Deacs Donate vs throwing everything way.  Reduce, reuse, recycle!

– there are summer storage options off campus as well as shipping services on campus

– remind your Deacs to be aware of check out policies for their residence halls

– have you sent your student a Deacon Greeting?  Send an e-card today and wish your Deac good luck on finals!

We’re thinking good thoughts for all your students as the semester ends.  Let’s do this, Deacs!  We have faith in you!

— by Betsy Chapman