There are a lot of great blogs and websites within the WFU community of which one should take note.

President Hatch has a video message about Commencement and his plans for the summer.  View it here.

The Deacon Blog is written by my friend and colleague Maria Henson (’82), a Wake Forest alumna and Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.  The Deacon Blog brings news about alumni, activities on campus, and more.  You should bookmark it, parents.

The Office of Academic Advising has a web page that is another good one to bookmark.  It includes information and deadlines about registration, has a GPA calculator, resources for students, and more.

The website for Wake Forest College is also rich in information.  I especially like the section at the bottom that shows visiting professors and faculty awards, because parents can see some of the great teacher-scholars who are instructing their students.

This is an older article but still fun given the fact that admissions decision letters just went out a few weeks ago.  It’s from the Washington Post and is about how Wake Forest is one of the few schools that still sends admissions decisions by US Mail.  I have to admit I am very old school about this sort of thing.  I have my admissions letter from Wake Forest and am proud of it every time I see it – on official letterhead, signed by our late and much-mourned Dean of Admissions, Bill Starling.

Finally, in the “what your students should do this weekend” category, this one is external to Wake Forest, but downtown Winston-Salem is hosting the RiverRun Film Festival.  There are many opportunities to see great films and enjoy the ambiance of downtown Winston.  The festival runs through April 22.