University Police Communications Center to move in March

During Wake Forest’s Spring Break, the University Police Department will move its communications center (which receives campus emergency calls) from Davis Residence Hall to Alumni Hall.  All other police department offices moved to Alumni Hall in January.

The communications center move will take place March 6 and 7.  Responses to 911 calls and non-emergency calls will not be affected during the move.

There will be 24/7 access to the police communications center in Alumni Hall, as there has been at Davis Residence Hall.

However, from 7 a.m. March 6 until approximately 7 a.m. March 7, faculty, staff and students are asked to call University Police if a fire alarm is activated in a building.  If activated, the alarm will sound in the building, but the automatic system that alerts the University Police Department and the Winston-Salem Fire Department will not work during this time.

Without a call from community members, the University Police Department and the Winston-Salem Fire Department may not be aware of the alarm activation.

Once the alarm systems in buildings resume operating normally, an email will be sent to students, faculty and staff.

Fire alarms in the following buildings will be affected:

–All Reynolda Campus buildings

–Athletic Facilities off campus, including Bridger Field House, the Indoor Tennis Center, the Clinical Research Center and the east concourse of BB&T Field

–Graylyn Center buildings, including the Manor House, Bernard Cottage, the Mews, the Gardener’s Cottage and the Management House

–Houses associated with Wake Forest on Polo Road (1109, 1115, 1125, 1141-B, 1145, 1157 and 1210) and Rosedale Circle (109/111)

The emergency number for the University Police Department is 911 from a campus land line or 336-758-5911 from a cell phone or off-campus phone.  A non-emergency number is 5591 or 336-758-5591.

If anyone has questions about the move of the communications center to Alumni Hall, they may contact Wake Forest Emergency Manager August Vernon at 336-758-3371.


Wake Forest Communications and External Relations


To contact the Office of Family Engagement, please visit our contact page.

If Your Student Has a Problem

One of the best ways parents/families can help their students is to let them solve their own problems. Use the Stop, Drop, and Roll method when your student contacts you with a problem.  The flyer also lists contact information for serious concerns where family intervention might be appropriate.

Orientation 2020 slide shows

Parent and family Orientation sessions are available online.