The following information was provided by Transportation and Parking Services
Resident Student Vehicle Registration Information
Any student who wishes to park a vehicle on a university parking lot at any time of day or night–including after 4:00 p.m. weekdays, on weekends, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, and during breaks– must register that vehicle with Transportation and Parking Services.
Resident student vehicle registration will begin July 30, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Go online at http://parking.wfu.edu/ to register your vehicle. This website is also a great place to find information about parking during certain events like Thanksgiving, Winter Break or Spring Break.
2018/2019 Resident Student Parking Permit Options:
- Resident Student On-Campus Permit – $525
- University Corporate Center (UCC) Satellite Permit – $315
- Students with this permit can park on campus between 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. weekdays and all day on the weekends.
- These permits will not be available online and can only be purchased at Transportation and Parking Services, Room 138, beginning, Monday, August 27, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. Bring your vehicle registration card and your WFU ID. Permits will be issued at that time.
Students residing in theme house are required to register their vehicle using one of the options below:
- Purchase a resident permit ($525) to park at your theme house and allows regular on-campus parking between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Purchase an off-campus permit ($315), which requires the vehicle be parked at the theme house between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., but can park on-campus after 4:00 p.m. and weekends.
- You must visit Transportation and Parking Services to purchase an off-campus permit, as they are not sold on-line.
- Underclassmen who are freshmen or sophomore students will only be issued permits based on the current student classification and will not have an on-campus permit option.
- Resident and Off-Campus permits require a supplemental authorization sticker, in addition to your parking permit, to park in the theme house parking lots. Pick up of these stickers is in the Transportation and Parking Services office.
- Students that purchase a permit and will be going abroad in the spring, or graduating in December, must return the permit by December 20, 2018 to receive a partial refund (1/2 the purchase price).
- Parking at Winston Salem First Church or Reynolda Village is not an option for resident students.
- Students going abroad in the fall do not need to order a permit until January 2019.
Permit Distribution Information:
- Permits ordered on or before August 17, 2018:
- Permits will be available in your campus PO Box after August 17.
- If you met the deadline and your permit is not in your campus PO Box, inquire with Mail Services regarding your PO Box. If the permit is not located, visit the Transportation and Parking Services office located in Alumni Hall, Room 138
- Permits will not be placed in a PO Box, if you did not register online by August 17
- Permits ordered after August 17, 2018:
- Pickup Date: Saturday, August 25 and Sunday, August 26, 2018
- Pick-up time – 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Transportation and Parking Services, Alumni Hall, Room 138
- Permits ordered after August 17 or you did not pick up permits in Alumni Hall on above dates::
- Pickup Time: through Thurs. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Transportation and Parking Services in Alumni Hall, Room 138. Expect long lines and delays for distribution at this location. Your Wake Forest ID is required to pick up your permit.
Place both permits (Gate Pass and rear Parking Permit) on your vehicle immediately after picking them up, as permits must be displayed on vehicles no later than Friday, August 31.
Transportation and Parking Services
Location: Alumni Hall, Suite 138
Lobby hours: Mon. – Thurs. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*Because of the high volume of calls we expect, if you cannot speak to someone, please leave a detailed message with your question/concern, name, WFUID number and a contact number to call you back. We will return the call as soon as possible!