Students, faculty and staff at Wake Forest will be informed of any weather-related campus closings and delays this winter by numerous means.
Wake Forest Communications and External Relations will do the following:
- Send a voice message and a text message to all cell phones registered to receive Wake Alert emergency messages. This includes students, faculty and staff who have registered their phones. To register a cell phone, visit Wake Ready.
- Post an announcement on the Wake Alert website.
- Place a banner on top of the University home page (and many other University web pages) that links to the Wake Alert site.
- Distribute an e-mail to students, faculty and staff.
- Post to @WakeAlert Twitter and Facebook (Wake Alert).
- Post on the Inside WFU website.
- Provide information to four area television stations: WXII, WGHP, WFMY and Spectrum News 14.
To contact the Office of Family Engagement, please visit our contact page.
If Your Student Has a Problem
One of the best ways parents/families can help their students is to let them solve their own problems. Use the Stop, Drop, and Roll method when your student contacts you with a problem. The flyer also lists contact information for serious concerns where family intervention might be appropriate.
Orientation 2019 slide shows
Select slide shows and handouts from Orientation sessions are available online.