In this Issue:

• Northern Lights in W-S!
  • Things to do this weekend
  • Yom Kippur begins tonight
  • National Coming Out Day

Northern Lights in W-S!

I hope your Deacs were outside last night to see the Northern Lights. We did not get the same spectacular show as some of our friends in the Northeast. In fact, I was a little uncertain if I was actually seeing the Northern Lights when looking with the naked eye; the sky just seemed to have a hint of pink. Once I took a picture with my iPhone, there was no mistaking what we were seeing.

You can see some pictures submitted to our local news station.

Things to do this weekend

I took a quick look at The Link for student events this weekend. Here are just a few:

And I suspect some of our Deacs may still have midterms early next week, so I imagine many will also be studying for those.

Yom Kippur begins tonight

Yom Kippur begins this evening at sundown. For our families who are observing, I wish you g’mar tov: may you have a good seal.

National Coming Out Day

Today is National Coming Out Day: “The purpose of National Coming Out Day is to support individuals in living openly and authentically. It celebrates the act of ‘coming out’ – when a person publicly shares their sexual orientation or gender identity – as a form of personal empowerment and a way to increase visibility for LGBTQIA+ communities.”

As the mom of a child who has come out as nonbinary, I am an ally and an empathetic person for families (or students) if needed.

Wishing you all a good weekend. Remember to call your Deacs on Friday afternoons. You know why 🙂