In this Issue:

• A message from Shea Kidd Brown, Vice President for Campus Life
  • Holiday shopping opportunities

I am still down with this cold, so today I am sharing a message from Dr. Shea to our Deacs, and few opportunities for holiday shopping (either for you, or for your students).

A message from Shea Kidd Brown, Vice President for Campus Life

Yesterday, Dr. Shea (as she is known to our students) sent a message to students encouraging them during the last weeks of the semester. Here is a snippet:

“I hope you enjoyed a restful pause during the Thanksgiving holiday. I think we all needed it as we close in on the final few weeks of the semester. Over the break, I enjoyed time with family and also made time for stillness and reflection. During that time, it may be no surprise that I thought about you and the heaviness of this semester. I also thought about recent interactions with many of you over the past several weeks. At my weekly office hours, Wake Up Wednesday, Milkshake Mondays, or when I run into you at the Pit, I have noticed that many of you seem particularly stressed right now. With so much going on in the world and in our worlds, it is normal to feel overwhelmed. I am writing to give you some encouragement as you embrace these last few weeks before Winter Break. You can do it!”

You can read her full message here.

Holiday shopping opportunities

Laptops via WakeWare

Some families may want to purchase a new laptop for their student this holiday season. If you are in that boat, consider WakeWare, which helps our families set-and-forget at least one aspect of their student’s college experience 🙂

WakeWare is the Wake Forest laptop program, with Macbooks and Microsoft Surface laptops available to purchase for delivery or pickup through the Wake Forest bookstore. WakeWare laptops are specially priced and bundled with four years of onsite Safeware damage and repair coverage (handled through Information Systems’ The Bridge at ZSR). During repairs, WakeWare students have preferred access to loaners so their work can proceed without disruption. Peruse models and learn more at wakeware.wfu.edu

Note: some students have access to special technology grant funding. Students receiving this aid are notified through their Wake Forest email account, as well as through their financial aid portal.

Bookstore sales

The bookstore is having a couple of sales that might be of interest. Our students use Hydroflasks all the time, so that might be especially appealing.

Hydroflask Sale
11/22/23-12/4/23 In store and Online
25% Off select Hydroflasks
*Some exclusions apply. Sale ends 12/4/23. 

Apple Appreciation Event
12/4/23-12/8/23 In store and Online
10% Off Education Prices on all Apple Macbooks, IMacs, and Ipads

Wake Forest Artisans Fair

This one would be more for your Deacs to shop for you 🙂

Wake Forest’s Annual Artisans’ Fair will be held on Friday, Dec. 8 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. in Benson Center Room 401. More than 30 vendors, all Wake Foresters, will be there to sell their handmade products ranging from pottery to woodworking, jewelry to baked goods, and more.

This is usually a great event with lots of really creative goodies that you might not be able to get anywhere else. Encourage your Deacs to check it out.