In this Issue:

• Question about Family Weekend date
  • Reading wellness: how to get the most out of your reading (11/15)
  • Deck the Halls (11/15)
  • P’27s: Weekly Message and Letters So Dear for your ’27s

Question about Family Weekend date

We got a great question from a parent and it is one that is probably on many folks’ minds, so I wanted to answer it here: When is Family Weekend 2024?

We don’t know yet! 🙂

The date for Family Weekend is typically set based on the football schedule, which is usually released in late January or early February. Even once the schedule is released, it will take out staff some time before we can finalize a date, because we need to check on a variety of things (hotel space, local conferences, holidays, etc.) to figure out the best option.​

So it will be some time before we know the date. We appreciate everyone’s patience in the interim.

Reading wellness: how to get the most out of your reading (11/15)

When I was in college, it took me a couple of months to figure out where my ideal study space was. I tried to do my reading on my bed, and quickly fell asleep 🙂 So this session caught my eye – maybe it will be helpful to your Deacs:

“WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15
6pm – Reading Wellness: How to Get the Most Out of Your Reading
Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Room 476

Come learn reading strategies to help with your homework!  This one hour mini-workshop will be casual and informative, presented by CLASS Academic Coaches, on Wednesday, November 15th at 6pm in ZSR 476. Pizza included!”

Deck the Halls (11/15)

Are your Deacs ready to get into the holiday spirit? If yes, there is an event on Wednesday they might want to attend:

Deck the Halls! Join Student Union and the Office of Student Engagement as we prepare for Lighting of the Quad! Come usher in the holiday spirit, help us prepare the wreaths and holiday decorations, and enjoy some light refreshments and seasonal music throughout the day.”

This event will take place at UAS (University Activity Space) on Weds. 11/15 from 2-6 p.m.

P’27s: Weekly Message and Letters So Dear for your ’27s

Every Monday during the fall semester, we release a Weekly Message for New Families. This week’s message is about the Dos and Don’ts of Thanksgiving break. This may be the first time your ’27 has come home since move-in, so this message is about how to set the stage for what we hope will be a harmonious stay.

Also today, your ’27 students get their issue of Letters So Dear.

Make it a great week, Deac families!