In this Issue: Email to Family Weekend registrants
Today is a quick issue because all eyes are turned to Family Weekend. Here’s the most up to date info for you:
Email to Family Weekend registrants
The following email was sent to families registered for Family Weekend. I am sharing the content here too just to ensure everyone sees the info:
“Family Weekend 2023 is almost underway. We are excited to welcome over 1500 families to campus!
As you prepare to travel, just a few announcements and reminders:
- Our weather forecast for the weekend contains the possibility of precipitation. Families should come prepared for a rainy game day and check the schedule for events that may have been moved indoors. We will update event locations on our website and in the Guidebook app as needed.
- On Friday, September 22, families may park in any visitor or general lot. View the full parking map here. Overflow parking will also be available on Davis Field beginning at 9:00am. Families with members with mobility issues are encouraged to utilize the WFU Accessibility Map, which shows locations for handicapped parking and accessibility routes in comparison to building locations.
- To pick up Family Weekend visitor credentials and other purchased items, check in at the Benson University Center when you arrive on campus. The Welcome and Check In area is located on the fourth floor, in Benson 401. Hours of operation are:
- Friday, September 22: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 23: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- For assistance with any aspect of your registration, visit the Registration Help table, found in the Welcome and Check In area.
- Yom Kippur begins at sundown on Sunday, September 24. Families wishing to celebrate together on campus or locally can find information about services on this page.
- Kick off time for WFU versus Georgia Tech has been set for 6:30 p.m. This page at GoDeacs.com will guide you for all things related to Game Day.
- While we’re on the topic of Game Day, the student tailgate area will open at 3:30 p.m. and can only be accessed via Gate 4 with a game ticket and Family Weekend credential. Food trucks in the tailgate area are free while supplies last to all Family Weekend participants (must present Family Weekend credentials) and Wake Forest students. Beer, water and soda will also be available for purchase. At 4:30 pm, the Allegacy Stadium concourse will open. Additional per pay food truck and concession options will be available on the concourse.
- To assist visitors with getting around campus, the Family Weekend Guidebook app also contains a complete schedule, including maps and directions to each event venue.
- For those looking to explore Winston-Salem and the surrounding area during the day on Saturday, this page on our website provides many ideas.
We are excited to welcome you to campus. Travel safely and we’ll see you this weekend.
The Family Weekend Committee”
Let me add a final couple of final thoughts. We are delighted to have over 1,500 families join us to see how your students are engaging here in the Forest. Wanted to offer a gentle reminder about our campus ecosystem: if you are sick, we encourage you to remain at home or engage at a safe distance. We want to do all we can to ensure students don’t miss valuable curricular and co curricular activities at a critical time in the semester.