Today was the next major COVID update to students, faculty, staff, and parents/families. You can read the message here. A few big takeaways:
- The University will be offering additional refunds to undergraduate students for health, wellbeing, student activities and parking, where applicable.
- Both Summer Session I and II will be held remotely (not in person).
- We continue to work on fall scenario planning and the conditions we would need to reopen as we want to. We expect the fall semester plan to be communicated on or before June 30.
- For Wake Forest-sponsored fall study abroad/away undergraduate programs, we plan to announce fall semester Wake Forest-sponsored study abroad/away undergraduate programs by June 30 as well.
In other news, Wake parents and families are invited to join our Wake Workout Series, which are led by alumni:
We will continue to host a series of virtual alumni-led workout and wellness classes over the coming weeks, and we hope you will join as your schedule allows.
Wake Forest alumni, students, families, friends, faculty, and staff of all gender identities and fitness levels are welcome! Please register in advance and share with your Wake Forest friends and family.
While COVID-19 has brought a lot of heartache to everyone, there may be some silver linings. One of our faculty members, Dr. Linda Nielsen of the education department, said in a new interview that “fathers and daughters should take advantage of ’emotional un-distancing’ to spend more time talking to and getting to know one another.” Some questions daughters might consider asking their fathers are:
- What do you wish you had known about love, work and money when you were a young adult?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made and what did you learn from them?
- What are some of your greatest fears for my future?
- What do you believe happens to us after we die?
- What do you most want to be remembered for?
So to our Deac dads, grandads, uncles, and just-like-dads, this might be something interesting to try.
I had a question from a Deac mom yesterday about how to buy The Howler, the WFU yearbook. According to Nathalie Zhao (’20), Editor-in-Chief, you would do the following:
Enter 13941 in the box under “Order Number” and click Continue
Click on “Buy a Yearbook, Yearbook Packages, & Other Cool Stuff”
Enter your desired quantities and click “Continue Your Order”
Fill out all required information.
Continue to checkout.
As we close out the week, please remember to mark your calendar for our Virtual Conferring of Degrees on Monday evening. And FYI, we are amending the hours of operation of our Call Center; starting next week, we will be operating from 10 am-2 pm Eastern Mondays through Thursdays; we will be closed on Fridays. The Call Center number is 336-758-7500.
Have a great weekend, Deac families. Stay safe!
— by Betsy Chapman, Ph.D. (’92, MA ’94)
Categories: the daily deac