Campus is practically empty. The giant parking lot W1, which is between Poteat Field and Alumni Hall and the Law School, has just a handful of cars. There is a skeleton crew working – those folks with essential roles, and some office staff. I am sure the big student lot behind Wait Chapel is just as empty.

It’s raining this morning as I write this. Not terribly cold, but really gray and its a day where you want to just stay inside and curl up with a book and a cup of tea.

Know there are lots of weather systems happening right now that might snarl your Deacs’ flights, either on the way home or on their way back. My hope is that they don’t encounter any difficulties, but if they have any issues on their return to campus, here is the info from our FAQ on notifying of delays:

Who should my student notify if he/she is delayed getting to campus following an official University break (like winter break, spring break, etc.)
Students should contact their professors directly to let them know of their delay. They can also contact the Office of Academic Advising at undergraduateadvising@wfu.edu and alert their roommate(s) and RA (Resident Adviser).

Offices are closed Thursday and Friday, but I have preposted some Daily Deacs to run during the break. Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!