Hallelujah, the frozen tundra of Winston-Salem has finally thawed! Today it is a downright warm 62 degrees, and the increase in the temperature has made our moods sunny as well. For the first time in what seems like a month or more, I see people outside walking with their coats off, and it feels good. May it continue!

I had planned to make today’s column about the mechanics and mindset of sorority recruitment (since our Potential New Members arrive on Thursday and women’s recruitment is the more structured and easier to explain) then I realized I did that back in November, so here is the link if you want a refresher.  Normally at this time of year, we a lot talk about Greek Life in the Daily Deac because so many of our students are involved in it.  So it’s time to make my annual disclaimer that I am neither pro- nor con-Greek Life 🙂 I am pro-whatever-is-right-for-each-individual.  I promise you I have no hidden agenda that I am trying to push regarding Greek Life.

Looking ahead to when your Deacs are back on campus, there is a show on January 20th that might give your students a kitschy thrill:

Cordone & Kilgore, “Side by Side: A Steve and Eydie Tribute” – IPLACe presents this salute to the “King and Queen of the Nightclub World,” packed with some of the most recognizable songs of the 20th Century! You’ll tap your toes to tunes like “Blame It On The Bossa Nova”, “Sentimental Journey”“Aquarius” and “Cheek to Cheek”, all while reminiscing about the 55-year journey between Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme. Together, Soprano Natalie Cordone (Wake Forest Alumna) & Baritone Shawn Kilgore, delight with charming stories and witty banter that take you right back to the variety shows of the 1950s and 60s. Natalie graduated from Wake Forest in 2001 and has returned as the guest vocal director for WFU’s musicals since 2015. She will be the vocal director for WFU’s musical “Spring Awakening” playing April 6-15, 2018.

That’s all she wrote for today, Deac families!