8 4 14 n sparks 1 8 4 14 n sparks 3When I got to work this morning, there were tents and trailers and all sorts of hullaballoo in the large parking lot between Poteat Field and the Worrell Professional Center.  This looks like Ground Zero for operations on the movie The Longest Ride, which is being made on campus.  I have not read The Longest Ride, a novel by Nicholas Sparks, but I know that part of the story is set at Wake Forest and includes a character portraying a Wake Forest student.

Filming is going on today presumably, and it is a beautiful day for it.   It looks like much of the filming will be done on or near Hearn Plaza and Scales Fine Arts Center.   If you aren’t on campus, your best bet at viewing any of the action will be via the Quad Cam.   I am looking at the Quad Cam right now and two guys are carrying a large black screen across the grass.

If your student is in summer school right now, there is likely not too much of an impact to his or her daily life.  On campus folks can expect some traffic delays today, in addition to the parking closures.  But I suspect a lot of campus will find reasons to go up or near the Quad, just to get a bird’s eye view of what’s going on.

And if we have any senior Deac families (P ’15s) who read the Daily Deac, if you have a senior living off campus, registration for on-campus parking permits starts at 9 am Eastern tomorrow 8/5.