We have some seriously crazy weather for the first day of August.  It is gray, cold – low 70s – and has rained steadily all day.  This is no where near the norm.

If you have been following our coverage of Emily James (’14) and her run on So You Think You Can Dance, it sadly came to an end on Wednesday night.  On her official Facebook page, Emily posted this message on Thursday:

“Wow. Words cannot describe the incredible journey I had on SYTYCD. I am so grateful for the lifelong friends, lessons, and relationships I have gained throughout this adventure. Thank you all so much for the support and love. I would not have made it this far without your help! I am so blessed. I have grown so much as a dancer and individual and can officially say one of my biggest dreams came true!”

What a great attitude and a wonderful perspective.  Would you expect anything less from a Demon Deacon, though?

Happy Black and Gold Friday to all – hope you’re wearing your WFU colors or apparel today.  Have a great weekend!