Most of the time at the Daily Deac we are simply here to give you a glimpse of campus life and some snapshots of things your students might see, hear, or do. Today I am going to ask our Deac families for a favor – and that is to make a gift to the Parents’ Campaign of the Wake Forest Fund.
Part of the responsibility of my office is to ask parents and families to make a gift to the Parents’ Campaign of the Wake Forest Fund every year. (I get to do the Daily Deac and all the other fun communication things I do because it is agreed that several times a year I will also ask our Deac family for their support).
Many of you choose to make charitable gifts in December for tax purposes, so if you are one of those families, please consider making a gift now. You can make a gift online – it is secure and easy.
The Parents’ Campaign of the Wake Forest Fund helps provide support for a variety of campus needs and initiatives. Your gift will be used this academic year in the areas where we deem it is most needed. The Parents’ Campaign of the Wake Forest Fund provides a lot of the special extras that make the Wake Forest experience so special for your student. (If you want to see a great illustration of what the Wake Forest Fund does, check out the Zombies and Hotdogs video here.)
Note that you can designate your gift within the Wake Forest Fund:
– The Wake Forest Fund is the most general designation. Those gifts are applied to the University’s highest priorities. Families who want Wake Forest to have the most flexibility in using their gift often give to this fund.
– The Wake Forest Fund for the College is used to support students and faculty in the undergraduate College and associated programs and opportunities. Families with freshmen or sophomores, and those with juniors and seniors who are not the business school often give to this fund.
– The Wake Forest Fund for the School of Business is used to support students and faculty in the School of Business and associated programs and opportunities. Families with juniors and seniors who are business majors often give to this fund.
– The Wake Forest Fund for the Z Smith Reynolds Library is used to support the work of our library and librarians, including providing resources and programming. Families whose students have great affection for the library and its staff and programs often give to this fund. I’d like to add an editorial note here: if you were one of the families who participated in ZSRx Parents and Families: Deacon Development 101, I’d encourage you to consider making your Parents’ Campaign gift to this fund. Dean Sutton and her talented staff gave a lot of time and effort to bring this class to families – and you can say thank you this way!
– The Wake Forest Fund for Student Aid is used to support students with financial aid needs. Families who want to help increase the amount of money available to student financial aid often give to this fund.
I have long believed that our Daily Deac readers are the most generous and enthusiastic about Wake Forest, and you could help me validate that when you make your gift. You can check the box at the very bottom of the form that says “I want to include a note with my gift.” If you want to check it and write “Daily Deac” in there, you can help validate my theory.
Thank you for considering making a gift. I know you are not only engaged, but generous in both your interaction with my office and the support you give to Wake Forest.
(And tomorrow we will go back to our regularly scheduled blog, I promise!)
Categories: campus life