Residence Hall room selection is coming in April, and our students are probably beginning to look ahead to next year and start thinking about who to live with, where they want to live, and who will have the best assignment time (and thus be able to pull the rest of the group in with them).
There is a contest running now that might be especially interesting to our first year students and sophomores, since they are lower on the housing totem pole. Residence Life and Housing is offering an opportunity to submit a video about campus life. Per the rules in the email below, all parties living in the room must be in the video, the Deacon must appear in some form, and the video has to answer the question “Why do you love living on campus?”
This looks to me to be a low risk, high reward proposition. If your student wins in one of the respective categories, he or she will be able to select his/her room before general selection starts on April 16th. More information is below in the email students received. Note that the deadline is March 23rd for entries.
Our students are so incredibly creative – I know there will be some fabulous entries here. Best of luck, and may the odds be ever in your student’s favor!
As you may know, the online room selection process, also known as “You Choose: Housing” is approaching. During the spring semester, residents choose their on-campus housing assignment for the 2012-2013 academic year. This year, Residence Life and Housing is excited to announce a sweepstakes during our annual “You Choose: Housing” room selection process.
Students who qualify to live on campus can enter into our sweepstakes for the opportunity to choose their room earlier than other students on campus, regardless of your priority number. If you win, you will choose your housing assignment before the general room selection process on April 16! Rooms within the following categories are excluded from being chosen: Greek Blocks, Theme Housing, Homesteading, Resident Adviser, and Substance-Free.
Make a video with up to 3 friends, and yourself, stating why you love living on campus at Wake Forest University.
There will be four categories you can enter to win:
- One person single room– This includes single rooms in Kitchin, Poteat, Huffman, Davis, Taylor, Efird, Martin, Palmer or Piccolo. One person should be in this video.
- Two person double room– This includes Student Apartments (2 singles in one apartment), Polo efficiency apartment, and a double room in Kitchin, Poteat, Huffman, Davis, Taylor, Efird, Martin, Palmer or Piccolo. Two people should be in this video.
- Three person block room– This includes North Campus Apartments (1 single, 1 double). Three people should be in this video.
- Four person block room– This includes rooms in Kitchin, Poteat, Davis, Taylor, a Polo apartment, a 4 person North Campus Apartment (2 doubles). Four people should be in this video.
- You must answer the question “Why do you love living on campus?” in the video.
- All people must appear in the video.
- The Demon Deacon must appear in the video. This can be in the form of a t-shirt, stuffed animal, etc.
- The video can be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
Rules for participation:
- You must be eligible to participate in room selection for 2012-2013
- You must be a full time student
- You can not participate if you are Studying Abroad Fall 2012
- You can not be a 5th year senior
You must submit your video on a flash drive along with your paperwork to Residence Life and Housing in Benson 101 by March 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM. A panel of judges will review the videos and winners will be announced on April 2, 2012.
Attached is the paperwork which should be submitted with your video.
We look forward to your submissions!
Residence Life and Housing
Wake Forest University