Room Selection Restart
April 19th, 2013
Residence Life and Housing has provided a copy of an email that is being sent individually to current undergraduate students regarding the Room Selection restart process; please see below for the email text.
They have also provided a copy of Revised Appointment Times for parents to be able to see. Residence Life and Housing strongly encourages students to visit their web site to see room availability as well as tips on room selection.
Revised Room Selection Log-on time
Dear [student name]:
As you are aware, during the first hours of the online room selection process on Tuesday, April 16, there were significant software technical difficulties. Given the impact of these difficulties on the inherent fairness of the process and the number of student directly impacted, Residence Life and Housing made the very difficult decision to suspend the process. In analyzing the cause of the problems with our software vendor and WFU IS, we have identified the problems and have put into place numerous changes in order to ensure a smooth, fair and equitable room selection process for all students.
Please NOTE the following:
- All assignments made on April 16, 2013 have been deleted.
- Priority numbers have not changed for any student.
- Appointment times are scheduled throughout the day and evening next week (April 22- April 26).Pull-in confirmations will occur from April 29 –May 2nd.
- Great consideration to general class schedules has been given and the appointment times in the morning and early afternoon are one hour apart to give students flexibility with regards to classes.
- Late afternoon and evening appointment times are 30 minutes apart.
- A Help-Desk will be available in the Luter Hall lobby from 8:00AM- 9:30PM Monday through Thursday of next week and from 8:00AM to 4:00PM on Friday.
- You must be using Internet Explorer on a PC to access the Room Selection site.
Online Room and Dining Selection Access Information
Priority Number & Log On Time:
Your Log-On time is based on your Priority Number. Log-On times range from 04/22/13 at 8:45AM to 04/26/13 at 4:00PM. The higher your Priority Number, the sooner you are allowed to log on and self-select your room and dining assignments.
Your REVISED 2013-2014 Online Room Selection Log-On time is: [each student’s specific information will be here]
Priority Number: [each student’s specific information will be here]
Log On to https://deaconhousing.rlh.wfu.edu/ beginning at: [each student’s specific date and time will be here]
- Use only Internet Explorer from a PC (Macs and other browsers will encounter difficulties)
- The clock for room selection is synchronized with most WFU Thinkpads, attempting to log-in before your appointment time will not be successful and should not be attempted.
Your Roommate Pull-In PIN and Password:
For someone to pull you into a room, block or apartment, you must provide them with the information below.
Your Roommate Pull-In PIN: [each student’s specific information will be here]
Your Roommate Pull-In Password: [each student’s specific information will be here]
By providing your Roommate Pull-In PIN and Password to another student, you willingly agree to the terms and conditions stated in the online room and dining selection process. You understand that your roommate will represent you in selecting your room and dining option and that you will accept the room and dining selection made for you through the required electronic Assignment Confirmation process.
In order to finalize your room and mealplan, you must log on and sign your electronic contract. You will do this between April 29th-May 2nd. (DO NOT LOG ON BEFORE APRIL 29th)
Room, Block and Apartment Availability:
See what is available and learn some general tips about room selection!
These lists will be updated daily during selection after 2:00PM and 9:00PM
Follow us on Twitter (WFURLH) or Like us on Facebook (WFURLH) for live updates.