October 26th, 2012
The Office of Personal and Career Development sent the following email to the Parent Programs office about a special Career Exploration Trek program. The deadline for your students to apply is November 2nd, and full details are below.
The Office of Personal and Career Development is partnering with The University of Chicago and Stanford University to offer all undergraduate students Career Exploration Treks in Chicago, San Francisco, or Washington, DC. This is a great opportunity for your student to visit the city they want to work in and learn more about the arts, consulting, entrepreneurship, technology, government, marketing/branding, and not-for-profit industries. The list of participating organizations includes:
- Collaboraction; an organization of theater and experience makers focused on becoming a national leader in contemporary theater.
- Deloitte; one of the world’s leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services.
- Facebook; a social utility that helps people communicate more efficiently with their friends, family and coworkers.
- Google; one of the world’s biggest organizers of information, reaching hundreds of thousands of people each day.
- Kiva; a lending company that provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence.
- Translation; known as “The McKinsey of Pop Culture”, Translation is an agency designed to help brands thrive in our contemporary culture
- Wrigley; the leader in confections including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and lollipops.
- And many more!
The treks will take place between Sunday, December 16 and Tuesday, December 18. Each trek will also include a reception on Monday, December 17 which will include representatives from companies students have visited, as well as local alumni from all three universities.
Each student will be responsible for his/her own transportation to their trek city, transportation from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport (if applicable) and dinner on the evening of Sunday, December 16th. The actual cost will vary depending on the originating location, trek city and whether or not they will need to fly or can drive to the trek city. The cost of the hotel, all meals on Monday, December 17th and Tuesday, December 18th and transportation during the trek will be covered by the host university and participating employers.
Click here for information about participation requirements, which employers will be at each location, examples of trek activities, how to apply, and more. Contact Lori Sykes, email@example.com if you have additional questions. Only 15 Wake Forest students per trek will be selected. Please encourage your student to apply! Application deadline is Friday, November 2, 2012.