Email to Parents of the Class of 2016
June 8th, 2012
On June 7th, the Office of Parent Programs sent the following email to parents of the Class of 2016 for whom we had valid email addresses. We are publishing the information here as well. If you did not receive this email, it means one of the following things have happened: 1) we do not have an email on your Parent Record Form (you can complete one here), 2) we have your Parent Record Form but our summer data entry clerks have not yet processed the form, or 3) the email may have been sent to the email you provided, but was filed into your junk mail or spam folder (please check and add Wake Forest as a safe sender on your system).
Dear Families of the Wake Forest Class of 2016!
We hope you and your students are having a wonderful summer. On behalf of the Office of Parent Programs, we welcome you to Wake Forest and hope to make your transition to campus as easy as possible.
Here is important information about key deadlines and policies for new families:
- New Students website: Students and parents should check this site frequently, as it contains news, important information and deadlines of action items. Content changes on a regular basis, so check back often. Parents and students should watch the Videos for New Undergraduate Students online.
- July 11-15: First-year students will register online for part of their fall semester classes. More information will be available very soon on the Academics section of the New Students website.
- July 17: Registration for Family Weekend begins online. Family Weekend will be held Sept. 28-30.
- Aug. 1: Tuition is due. Tuition is billed to students via their WFU email account. If parents want to receive notice of tuition bills, students must authorize them as a third-party payer on their account.
- August 27: Health Insurance/Waiver Form is due. Students are required to have health insurance; they will automatically be enrolled in a health insurance plan unless they request a waiver of the University’s plan.
NOTE: This is only a partial list of due dates and activities. Please consult the New Students website for full details and to see the full schedule of Orientation activities.
New Student Receptions: Receptions for new students and their families will be held in select cities across the country this summer so that you can meet each other and make connections. A full list is available online along with registration information.
Parents’ Page: The New Students website will be your resource until Move-In Day, then all parent news and information will move to the Parents’ Page (please bookmark the Parents’ Page and visit it often). You can also keep in touch with the Parents Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 336-758-4237; via Facebook at Wake Forest Parents; or via Twitter at WFUParents.
WFU Club Events: If you live in an area where there is a Wake Forest Club, you will begin receiving invitations to events. We hope you will join us for as many as you can – parents are important members of the Wake Forest community.
As we can be of service to your family, please be in touch. We wish you all the best for the rest of the summer and look forward to your arrival on campus in late August.
Minta McNally ’74
Associate Vice President and Executive Director
Betsy Chapman ’92, MA ’94
Director of Parent Programs
Joanne Ritter ’74
Office of Parent Programs