October 10th, 2014
Residence Life and Housing sent the following email to students regarding spring room changes and meal plan changes.
If you are planning on requesting a room change or requesting to leave campus housing for any reason for the spring semester, please review the Spring Housing & Meal plan Information below and on our website paying special attention to all published deadlines. The information can answer the following questions:
- Are you interested in moving to a new assignment and/or changing your meal plan?
- Will you have a vacancy and wish to pull a friend into your room?
- Is your roommate going abroad or graduating and you want to know what is going to happen to that empty space?
- Are you planning on studying abroad or graduating in December?
Spring Room & Meal plan Changes
How do I request a room or meal plan change?
1. Complete the online Spring Room Change Request at http://rlh.wfu.edu/room-change-2/ and submit byFriday, November 7, 2014.
2. Room change decision letters with further instructions will be e-mailed to your WFU address Monday, December 1, 2014. If you are approved for a room change based on your request you must move to the new assignment.
3. E-mail all meal plan change requests between October 6, 2014 – January 1, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please include your full name, student ID #, and the meal plan requested.
What kind of room or meal plan changes can I request?
1. A move to a single room.
2. A move to, or change of assignment within, Greek Block or Theme Housing.
3. A “Pull-In” to a vacant bed in a friend’s room.
4. A move within your current, or to another, building.
5. A meal plan change for spring term adhering to residence hall or class year minimums (freshmen).
Please refer to the specific instructions for each type of change request online at http://rlh.wfu.edu/current-students/you-choose/processes/room-change/
Release from Housing & Dining Agreement
What do I do if I am in order to terminate my financial responsibility for room and/or meal plan charges if I am:
- leaving campus housing to study abroad, or
- graduating, or
- withdrawing/transferring, or
- going on continuous enrollment
1. Submit the online Petition to be Released request by 12 noon Monday, November 3, 2014
2. Confirmation letters will be e-mailed to your WFU e-mail address by Friday, November 21, 2014.
What if I am interested in moving off campus?
All undergraduate eligible students desiring to reside in off campus residential areas must complete the online Off-Campus Housing Registration process. Remember there is a three-year residency requirement, and students who have not satisfied this requirement are not eligible to move off-campus. Students are not guaranteed a release from on-campus housing or their meal plan by submitting a petition to move off-campus. Only sign a lease if you have received written approval to move off campus. To apply for off-campus housing:
1. Submit the online Petition to be Released request by noon Monday, November 3, 2014.
2. Decision letters will be e-mailed to your WFU e-mail address by Monday, December 1, 2014.
3. Please refer to the RL&H website at http://rlh.wfu.edu/current-students/you-choose/off-campus/ to review the official Off-Campus Housing Policy.
If you have any questions please contact Residence Life and Housing at 336-758-5185.
Residence Life and Housing