Father’s Day is this Sunday, and let me offer an early Happy Father’s Day to all our Deac Dads, Stepdads, and Grandads!

Found a couple of places online where people had gathered letters that famous people had written to their children.  One was F. Scott Fitzgerald’s letter to his daughter – which I ran many moons ago in a Daily Deac and this was one of the most commented-on blogs we ever did.

Here’s a few snippets of other pieces of fatherly advice:

“The only calibration that counts is how much heart people invest, how much they ignore their fears of being hurt or caught out or humiliated. And the only thing people regret is that they didn’t live boldly enough, that they didn’t invest enough heart, didn’t love enough. Nothing else really counts at all.”

Ted Hughes

“You’ll never get in trouble if you say ‘I love you’ at least once a day.”

– Ronald Reagan

“The secret of success is concentrating interest in life, interest in sports and good times, interest in your studies, interest in your fellow students, interest in the small things of nature, insects, birds, flowers, leaves, etc. In other words to be fully awake to everything about you & the more you learn the more you can appreciate & get a full measure of joy & happiness out of life. I do not think a young fellow should be too serious, he should be full of the Dickens some times to create a balance.”

– Jackson Pollock

You can read more fatherly wisdom letters on this site.

So here’s to you, Deac Dads!  Hope you have a Father’s Day filled with family and love!

PS – no Daily Deac this coming Monday, as I will be in transit all day.