As I was driving to work I saw something I hadn’t seen in a few months now: Wake Forest students jogging along Polo Road. Once they are back in force, there will be many walking/running/jogging students on and around campus – virtually every day, and at all hours of the day.
What else am I seeing on campus as Move-In is looming?
– The addition to the Worrell Professional Center now has walls, and whatever paper is being put along the structure is sort of a lavender color, which seems to me to be a bit unusual.
– The addition to Reynolds Gym (formerly the tennis courts) is really taking shape. You are starting to see big walls taking shape.
– There’s a last ditch attempt to grow/protect the grasses along the sidewalks that rings the main part of campus. Some ropes have been set up and straw is along some patches of grass.
– I think I also saw some dumpsters around the perimeter to remove the extra, expendable items that people get rid of after Move-In.
– ZSR Starbucks is looking good. Will be interested to see what the returning students think of it.
– Our flower beds are looking very pretty, as they always do.
– There are signs on some of the parking lots announcing closings (so there is space for Move-In). Please pay attention to those signs and to traffic officers when you arrive.
It was an unusually cool day today – it’s muggy, but only supposed to reach maybe 80. Check the weather for this weekend folks and dress appropriately. Move-In happens rain or shine – so be prepared.
Categories: campus life