There is always a ton of things going on at Wake that I might not know about if not for a serendipitous mention by another person on campus.  And this one is a happy, happy thing.

For those of who watch the Jimmy Kimmel show, you might have seen lastnight that they announced the winners of Team Oscar:

“Actor Channing Tatum today announced the winners of “Team Oscar” during his appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”  The winners will deliver Oscar statuettes to celebrity presenters at the 87th Oscars on Sunday, February 22, live on ABC.  Team Oscar winners were selected by Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, Tatum, and the Academy, based on a creative 60-second video on the subject, “The best piece of advice I’ve ever received.”

One of the winners is Wake Forest’s own Kelly FitzGerald (’18)!!  Go Deacs!  Kelly made an absolutely charming short film called Sharing a Smile.  If you are grumpy today because it is snowing like mad where you live, give this video 60 seconds of your time and if you are still frowning at the end, I will be shocked.

As the old song goes,  “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.”  🙂

— by Betsy Chapman