December 31, 2014
by Betsy Chapman
It’s New Year’s Eve and a time for celebration, reflection on the past year, and looking ahead to the new one. This might be a great day to have a conversation with your Deac and ask some or all of the following questions. They can be rhetorical, as some of these might require reflection, or may be too private and personal for your student to want to answer. But here’s some food for thought.
– What are you most proud of from the past semester?
– What did you learn that made the most impact with you?
– If you could go back and do something differently, what would that be?
– What did you learn about yourself that you didn’t know before?
– Who touched your life in important ways?
– Have you told someone how much they mean to you?
– What do you want to do differently next semester?
– What makes you the most happy?
– What would you try if you knew you couldn’t fail?
— by Betsy Chapman
Categories: parents news
The Office of Family Engagement provides information and support to Wake Forest parents, guardians, grandparents, and family members. The office maintains the Family Engagement Page of the Wake Forest website, which is the primary vehicle of communication with families, as well as our Facebook and Twitter presence.