Today started out as a grey and rainy day, but is now a beautiful sunny afternoon and probably 60ish degrees.  I had to walk to the center of campus this morning and had to go off campus later in the day, and the difference between the am and pm students I saw was startling.  Early in the day when it was still nasty outside, the students were in their rain gear – parkas and hoodies and the like – but now that it is warm I saw some shorts on guys and skirts with bare legs on the lady Deacs.  Hopefully the sun will continue.  I get the sense from everyone that they are ready for spring.

On the Quad earlier was what looked like a sidewalk sale getting ready to happen – clothes and accessories, mostly for the women, were being unloaded from a big truck.  As I got closer to the ZSR Library, I saw a big group of touring prospective students and parents.  As we get closer to Spring Break for high schoolers, these sorts of visits are going to pick up.  Inside the ZSR, the new cork floor in the atrium looks great.  Starbucks was packed at 11 am, which is not much of a surprise.  Coffee reigns supreme.

intramural sports regI saw a flyer today for 4th Quarter intramural sports registration.  If your student likes sports and has not gotten involved with a group, this could be a wonderful outlet for him or her to meet new friends, get some exercise, and maybe even earn some bragging rights.  Campus Recreation has a whole host of great programs.

One other item to note – campus received an email today from Student Health about illness on campus.  You can read the full message online.   My takeaway is that everyone ought to practice “common sense” hygiene measures – although in truth we ought to be doing that sort of thing all the time.  Rest assured that if your student does need to see the doctors in the Student Health Service, they are all fantastic.  I would send my son to them at any time.