Your Students, Spring Break, and Career News

The Office of Career Services sent messages yesterday to Wake Forest students who have registered with their office.  The message had  specific information about things students should be thinking about and doing in their career search.  In case your students missed it – or if you’d like to help us help them by reinforcing these messages! – here’s what your students are hearing:

“First Years, try something NEW this summer! The best way to figure out if a career field is a good fit is to try it out. Work part-time as an intern at a family friend’s law firm, shadow a health professional for a week at your local hospital, do an informational interview with the director of a non-profit and learn more about their job, and/or volunteer at an organization in your hometown.

Sophomores, how will you be spending your Spring break? Try using your break to make connections with WFU alums or family friends in your hometown or in a city that you’ll be visiting. Grab a cup of coffee, ask questions, and learn more about a career field from a professional who is actually doing the job. It may get you one step closer to landing a summer internship!

Juniors, how will you be spending your Spring break? Try using your break to make connections with WFU alums or family friends in your hometown or in a city that you’ll be visiting. Grab a cup of coffee, ask questions, and learn more about a career field from a professional who is actually doing the job. It may get you one step closer to landing a summer internship!

Seniors, can you beat last year’s stats? 58% of the Class of 2010 took jobs + 29% committed to graduate school = an overall placement rate of close to 87%. Accept the Challenge! Stay positive. Keep networking, learning, and applying. Don’t Delay – make an appointment with a career counselor to help you escalate your personalized job search strategy! Call 336-758-5902, email, or stop by Reynolda 8. And hurry. Career Counselor calendars fill up fast!”

Categories: career

Tags:

Recent Posts

Archives